Where can you invest
First generation biofuels, while providing a stepping stone for many companies and entrepreneurs to the world of biofuels and bio-energy, have fared rather poorly in terms of scalability and environmental benefits, and as a consequence in the returns to investors. As a result, many companies that invested in the first generation biofuels are watchful while investing in second and third generation biofuel feedstocks.
At the same time, the investing community is keenly aware of the advantages and strengths that biofuels such as cellulosic ethanol provide. As a result, there has been a healthy acceleration in the amount of funding for the cellulosic ethanol industry in recent years.
- Ethanol as Biofuels
- What are feedstocks?
- Properties of Feedstocks for ethanol production
- Yield of Biomass for Various Feedstocks
- Feedstocks used by Various Companies
- Why Cellulosic Ethanol?
- Cellulosic Ethanol Production
- Cellulosic Ethanol Production Value Chain
- Ethanol production methods
- Biochemical Conversion Process
- Thermochemical Conversion process
- Latest Discoveries and Breakthroughs
- R & D Roadmap in Cellulosic Ethanol
- Future projections
- Companies Involved in Producing Cellulosic Ethanol
- Investments & Funding
- Challenges & Barriers in the commercialization process